Augmented Reality Safety Buy-offs
- Cross-functional team working on a project at Automotive OEM is required to attend a physical in-person buy-off at the supplier on-site to review new equipment before it is approved to ship
- Certain critical team members are unable to attend the buy-off in person due to conflicts with scheduling and travel restrictions
- The buy-off must be completed on time, otherwise, the entire New Product Introduction (NPI) process will be disrupted at the plant resulting in line stoppages
- Remote Assistance tools leveraging Augmented Reality (AR) headsets and tablets deployed to team members supporting on-site
- Headsets with cameras and tablets allow for real-time point of view (PoV) high-definition streaming over the network to remote participants
- Augmented Reality capabilities allow both parties to ‘mark up’ the physical environment with free-hand sketches and a library of useful identifiers (arrows, circles, etc.)
- AR improves communication between parties, ensuring total confidence is achieved by those who were unable to attend the physical buy-off and instills confidence when signing off on equipment remotely
|Cost savings by having the equipment ship on time, without upholding the NPI process|
|Cost savings by reducing the number of people traveling to support the buyoff|
|Reduced errors by leveraging Augmented Reality ‘mark-up’, strengthening communication between in-person and remote participants|
Where we can help!
Sandalwood has a history of supporting advancements in manufacturing and assisting our clients in deploying strategic programs leveraging new technologies. We have the right team with the knowledge, skills, and experience required to help your organization become a leader in Industry 4.0.