Our Website and data are hosted in the United States. If you are visiting our website from outside of the United States or if you have provided us any personal information through another means from outside the United States, please note that by providing such information, it is being transferred to, stored, or processed in the United States, where our servers are located and operated. If you are visiting our website from outside the United States and do not wish to transfer of your personal information to the United States, you should not use our website.
Note that you are under no obligation to provide us with your personal information. Whether you provide any personal information is entirely voluntarily and is solely at your discretion. If, however, you decide not to provide us with your personal information, we may be unable to provide you with any services or information. If you do decide to provide us with your personal information, you may withdraw such consent at any time. Should you choose to do so, send an email to email@example.com.
COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
With regard to such information, we may collect, store, and use: (1) information about your visits to and use of our website; (2) information about any transactions carried out between you and us, including information relating to engineering and other services; and (3) any information you provide to us if you correspond with us. Further, if you create or attempt to create a client relationship with us, we may ask you for your name, age, geo-location, and other demographic information, e-mail address, street address or other personal information. You may, however, visit the website without providing that information.
We also may collect general information about your computer or mobile device and your visits to our website, such as your IP address, geo-location, browser type, length of visit, and number of page views. That information, however, is anonymized and cannot be used to identify you. We may use this information in the administration of our website or to improve our website’s usability. We may also sometimes permit our authorized service providers to have access to aggregate statistics about website traffic patterns or other usage information.
We rely on the following legal grounds to process your personal information, namely:
- Performance of a Contract—We may need to collect and use your personal information to enter into a contract or to perform a contract that you or your company has with us, including employment agreements or delivery of services.
- Consent—Where required by applicable law, we will rely on your consent for collecting your personal information.
- Legitimate Interests—We may use your personal information for our legitimate interests to improve our services.
You may be able to disallow Cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. To learn more about Cookies and how to disallow or manage them, go to: https://www.allaboutcookies.org/. If you choose not to accept Cookies, you may be unable to access certain parts of our website.
Our website may contain links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such other websites. These other websites, however, may collect personal information from you that is not subject to our control.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures, including encryption, to protect your personal information from inadvertent or unauthorized access, use, disclosure, alteration or destruction. No Internet data transmission, however, is guaranteed to be completely secure. Your use of our website, and any personal information that you transmit over the Internet to our website, is at your own risk.
CHILDREN’S ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT (COPPA) COMPLIANCE AND RELATED INFORMATION
Our website is not directed at and is not intended to be visited by minors. No visitor to our website who is under the age of 18 should provide any personal information to us. If you are a minor, do not visit our website, blogs, or social media sites, and do not send any type of personal information about yourself to us or to our website.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may keep a record of your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected and any legal requirements. We will also establish minimum and maximum retention periods and procedures for maintaining and destroying your personal information.
FOR VISITORS OR CLIENTS FROM THE EUROPEAN UNION
On May 25, 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) went into effect in the European Union (“EU”). The GDPR extends certain rights to natural persons involving the privacy of their personal information. Under the GDPR, individuals are granted, among others, the following rights:
- Right of Access – You have the right to ask what personal information we have about you and to obtain a copy of such data free of charge so long as it does not adversely affect the rights of others. You also have the right to request that we update, correct, or complete such information in our possession.
- Right of Erasure – You have a right to request that data be deleted or erased when it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected or when you withdraw your consent. Personal data does not have to be erased when and to the extent it is necessary “for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims.”
- Right to Restrict Processing – You have a right to restrict the processing of your personal data when you contest the accuracy of the personal data, if the processing is unlawful, and you oppose its erasure and request restriction instead.
Withdrawing Your Consent – You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- Right to Lodge a Complaint – You have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority about our data-privacy practices where you reside.
You can exercise these rights by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
RESPONSE TIMES AND COSTS
We will make every reasonable effort to respond to each of your written requests not later than 30 days after receipt of such requests. When applicable, we will advise you in writing if we cannot meet your requests within this time limit.
We expect to provide access without charge as a general matter. Nevertheless, we reserve the right to collect a reasonable charge when you request the transcription, reproduction, or transmission of such information. We will notify you, following such a request, of the amount that will be charged, at which time you may withdraw your request.