Sandalwood believes a robust manufacturing facility requires careful consideration of the interaction between process, equipment/ machinery, and the human. Our ergonomics and health and safety professionals understand the human response to physical and cognitive work demands. They apply this knowledge with full appreciation of the demands of productive output and the processes which are required to achieve it.
ERGONOMICS PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT AND SUPPORT
Sandalwood’s Ergonomists have assisted clients with all aspects of their ergonomics program development and deployment needs. Services range from establishing a program from the ground up, to assessing a mature program’s efficacy, to supporting as-needed program support in the way of training, extra resources for peak periods, and ergonomic risk assessments.
Leveraging Sandalwood’s Systems Engineering expertise, our ergonomists have been effective in integrating human performance principles into early product and process development through virtual ergonomics.
We have helped design and execute corporate office ergonomics programs as well as participatory ergonomics programs for global, multi-site manufacturing companies.
Our goal is to provide companies with competent resources that are flexible and invested in our clients desire to reduce ergonomics related risks and outcomes.
Ergonomics Risk Screening and Assessment
Sandalwood ergonomists can utilize a wide range of evaluation tools from ergonomic risk factor screening to a detailed biomechanical assessment.
The tools used by our team have included:
- Ergonomic Risk Factor screening using published methodologies, industry standards and corporate designed protocols.
- Detailed ergonomic risk assessments to examine strength, fatigue and recovery aspects of work (biomechanical models, EMG, published tool sets, etc.).
- Motion Capture and digital human modeling (Sandalwood is a Siemens/ UGS Technical Partner).
Once we have screened for and quantified the risk factors, we work closely with our client to facilitate the implementation of appropriate counter measures. These countermeasures are prioritized for the client to account for timing, cost, and impact.
Training and Facilitation
Sandalwood has provided training to senior leadership, engineers, health, and safety professionals on a variety of topics including ergonomics, health and safety in virtual manufacturing, digital human modeling, ergonomic risk assessment etc. We utilize our own educational programs and materials when needed, and we are also versed in our clients’ programs and training materials such that we can deliver their programs where appropriate.
In addition, we provide team and meeting facilitation. Examples of meetings Sandalwood has been called upon to facilitate are:
- Equipment manufacturing leadership team considers the impact of Ergonomics, Health & Safety trends on their five year strategic plan.
- Major Manufacturer wants a third party to facilitate their monthly senior leadership health and safety meetings.
- Project milestone review meetings between academia and a manufacturing consortium.
Occupational Health & Safety Program Support
Our health and safety professionals are experienced at managing all aspects of a health and safety program at the facility level from job safety analyses to training to new tooling and process reviews.
Our consultants have been involved in projects including:
- proactive safety analysis process development;
- safety integration into the design of tooling for manufacturers;
- safety risk assessments; and
- application of OSHA, ISO, and MIOSHA safety standards in industry.