Our Sandalwood Associate, John Romanchik put together a brief synopsis of activities from LIVEWORX in Boston MA, June 10-13 2019.
After the first two full days, Monday June 10th and and Tuesday June 11th, we concentrated more of our time on networking, meeting with existing customers and contacts and and exploring the demonstrations on PTC’s platform.
We were primarily looking for ideas and applications applicable to Sandalwood’s mission. We continually strive to add value to our our customers in the new #industry40 world of smart plants, smart factories and product planning. We do this using a variety of virtual reality training instructions and advanced production analytics and metrics to improve processes, reduce waste and achieve higher efficiency and quality.
We also met with our training partner from PTC, Tom McGinnis, to discuss the road map to further accreditation on their key development platforms and extensions:
- Vuforia – a virtual / augmented reality platform
- ThingWorx – used to create detailed digital representations of assets and services to analyze information coming from smart, connected products and machines
- Preconfigured apps for various industry verticals; automotive, consumer products, medical devices, and transportation.
Definitely looking forward to more discussions and developments in these emerging areas!
There were also a number of interesting talks by leaders in the field of new technology:
- Peter Diamandis, CEO of the XPrize technology challenge contests
- Patti Maes, Professor of Media Arts and Sciences/Director, Fluid Interfaces Group, MIT Media Lab
- Michelle McKenna, Senior Vice President, Chief Information Officer, National Football League
- Adam Savage, co-host of the Discovery Channel’s Mythbusters and a new show, Savage Builds
While we focused on the above, we also attended many interesting sessions on these topics:
Augmented Reality / Virtual Reality
Increasing Workforce Productivity Through AR through Expert Capture
The Edge and Cloud Business Cases for Data Storage
Industry 4.0 (Digital Manufacturing)
Digital Twins for Factory Operations
5G Data Speeds for Smart Wireless Manufacturing and AR Mass Adoption
Digital Transformation: Harnessing New Technology for Industrial Innovation
Factory of the Future
IIoT and Smart, Connected Products
Advanced Lean Manufacturing Leveraging Predictive Data Analytics
Smart Connected Operations (IIoT and RFID) for Manufacturing and Remote Monitoring
The Edge: Providing the ‘Things’ for the IoT
How Industrial IoT and Machine Learning are Helping
Solve Real Problems
Cybersecurity for the Digital World
Control System Security
Cyber Security and Cyber Safety for the Internet of Things
Identity, Authentication and Security for Automation Systems